then again, maybe not
Closed for business

October 06, 2005

Amen. Preach on brother-man!

From Huffington Post's Sam Harris:

There is No God (And You Know It)

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is
simply a refusal to deny the obvious. [...] It is worth noting that no one
ever need identify himself as a non-astrologer or a non-alchemist. Consequently,
we do not have words for people who deny the validity of these
pseudo-disciplines. Likewise, 'atheism' is a term that should not even exist.
Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make when in the
presence of religious dogma."

Them's fighting words. True, and brave. Now, I have lots of friends and family (d0n't get me started ont he family) who believe in God, or some "higher power," and I'm not calling them dumb or gullible, just willing to believe it. I can understand and even share the need for the world to make sense, to be secure in the notion that there's something after this. But I don't delude myself about it.




Comments:
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home