then again, maybe not
Closed for business

November 15, 2005

ok, now you're pissing me off

As a follow-up to my previous post about Nerve's reproductive right week, they have a quiz about choice-related issues (you have to be a member to take it). Great. Except for one thing.

The second to last question is:
Is it okay to consider abortion a form of birth control...
Hmm, I thought. That phrase "abortion as birth control" doesn't really have any meaning, it's completely subjective, so how can you answer it? Also, we all know we're supposed to think considering "abortion as birth control" is bad. Doesn't it just sound bad?

Wait, no it doesn't. Abortion is ending a pregnancy. Ok. Birth control is avoiding giving birth, thus stopping a pregnancy. Hmm. So abortion is birth control. So how could we think this is a bad thing, if you're pro-choice. And if all abortion is birth control, why are they even asking that question?

Oh, thank goodness there's a parenthetical. I was going to be up all night worrying about this. Nerve clarifies what they mean by "considering abortion as birth control" they mean:
(i.e. to have more than one)
Oh. That's not what it means to me. For more on my irritation about the whole multiple abortion thing, see my other post on this.

And I promise no more posting today. I'm out of control.






Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home