then again, maybe not
Closed for business

December 05, 2005

Worst blogger ever

That's me folks! It's been days and days and days since I posted. Bad girl. So, sorry. Work is very very busy. Life is very very busy. Besides, how can I write when I'm spending 15 hours a day shopping online. That's right, I can't. Unless I blog about which season of Oz to get someone. Ohhh, rivetting.

Anyway, I haven't even been reading other blogs lately, that's how lame I am. So, as I'm trying desperately to catch up (Jennifer Garner had her baby! Paris Hilton has a shitty album, oh my!) I come upon three posts from Alas, a Blog that I have something to say about. Here we go, yo!

Oregon Woman Convicted of Acting Insufficiently Traumatized

An Oregon woman who says she was gang-raped by three men, has been convicted of filing false rape charges, because she failed to act "traumatized" enough.

The Judge seems to believe that there is a typical way in which all rape victims act, and that if a woman fails to act that way, she must be lying. But that's nonsense. There is no "rape victim script" that every rape victim follows.

This is really revolting. But, it reminds me of the post-abortion sadness and regret mandate. It's just simple word math, people.

Here are true things:

Rape is a bad thing.
Rape is something that happens to women.
Some women who are raped feel destroyed by it.

And so, (here's the great math):

All women have to be destroyed by rape or they haven't been raped at all!

Hmm. Something's missing there.

Why do we insist on turning a person who has been victimized into a victim? Like getting raped isn't enough. And whatever reaction you have isn't good enough unless you pick the one we've all agreed on? Bullshit. Bullshit.




Comments:
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home