then again, maybe not
Closed for business

January 30, 2006

The neverending blog post

I keep starting and deleteing the same post over and over. It usually starts about some story I read, or talk I had, but it always ends up in the same place. Me, feeling really demoralized about everything I believe strongly in. I'm tired. Just exhausted. Abortion, politics, work, friends, everything. But it's a weird kind of tired. It's not a "give up and forget about it" tired. It's a "I have to keep going, but I'm not sure how" tried. Which is why I'm having trouble writing about it. I'm looking for a solution, something to jump start my brain. But I got nothing. So, the post remains unfinished, and unpublished. But here's something I do have to share.

I've got these silly post-it notes next to my desk at work. They're quotes of things people in the office have said that struck me as funny, or "true." Now, this is me, so they're not exactly inspirational, but they help get me through the days. Here are a few:

"Fuck it, I'm busy!"
This is kind of a mantra for me. I have to let go of stupid things that bug me at work, because there's a lot to do. There aren't enough hours in a day to be annoyed by everything that's annoying, and get all of my work done.

"If you hate something, fucking get rid of it."
I believe this was a conversation about cleaning out my bedroom closet, but it's good advice in general.

"It doesn't need to follow rationally"
This was from my old boss (miss him a lot). We were trying to work on messaging about a complicated online action. I'm not a message gal, I'm much more of an "explain it like directions" person. I forget that everything doesn't have to be a step-by-step process.

"I'm a feminist. You're a cunt"
So true. Going back to some of the posting from last week, this is what it really boils down to. I'm smart, and you're a dumb fucker for not agreeing with me, and you're keeping us all down with your asshatery.

I also have the lyrics to "Sister Christian." Maybe that will provide inspiration today. I'm motoring...




Comments:
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home