then again, maybe not
Closed for business

May 30, 2006

Fucking Feminists

Well, this feminist, at least. On my mind for two reasons. One, it's always on my mind because I'm a nasty whore with no respect for myself who likes to screw, and also because I just got pointed to this post via Shrub.com.

Because I don't settle. Because I know what I want and I know what my idea of a
good time is and I know how to walk away. Because wanting a man doesn't equal
needing a man. Because I understand that's not really MEN AS INDIVIDUALS that
I'm angry at.
Well, I do settle, we all do. But I don't settle as much as I used to. Because I have realized that I'm happy being single. I use the word single, rather than "alone" on purpose. Jeebus I'm so surrounded by people it’s ridiculous to think of myself as alone. Or unattached, or any of the other couply words that make being sinlge sound like a horrible disease. Now, of course, like a good feminist I've been saying "I do't need a man" forever, I justs didn't realize that I mean it until recently. I spent all of high school in one of three relationships, and college was about the same until my senior year. I've been in and out and in and out (get it!) since then, and I think I like it better out. At least for now.

But because I do so enjoy contemplating my own navel (oh look, a little scar from that unfortunate piercing experiment), I do spend some time thinking about relationships. Like, if I am going to get involved with someone seriously in the future, what are my requirements? If I want to raise children with someone, who do they need to be? Would I consider getting married? Would I have to invite my family to the wedding? Would there be a a wedding? Can you get gifts if you don't have a wedding? Would any of my broke-ass friends get me anything good, or just drink the free booze?

Ahem.

Anyway. Big questions, all. I do like being in love. But I don't like being in love with someone who says you're only racist if you think people of other races should die (true story - a theory shared in my black ass's bed, no less), or I shouldn't be so gullible, no one is really against the rights of women (not in bed, but at the abrupt end of a dinner date). But, those are the dumb shitheads I go out with. Since I don't believe in soul mates, or the perfect person, or someone for everyone, I figure the best I can do is keep fucking, and hope one of them says the right thing for a long enough time.

This post is dedicated to the following awesome men I know: Scott, Doug, John, other John, Aidan, Bob, Chase, Paul, Al, and Dan. And the memory of Craig, who barely had a chance to show the world how great he was.

And I'd like to thank these assholes for helping me learn exactly what I don't want in a man: Daniel, Rick, other other John, Jim (especially Jim), Rob, Joe, Stephen, Komal, and that guy with the ugly green t-shirt whose name I keep forgetting.




Comments:
I don't think you meant it to be so, but this:

"Since I don't believe in soul mates, or the perfect person, or someone for everyone, I figure the best I can do is keep fucking, and hope one of them says the right thing for a long enough time."

just strikes me as completely hilarious and awesome.
 
Ha. No, I meant it quite genuinely, but I'm always happy to amuse.

Thank you for the inspiration.
 
What a pig you are...
 
I believe you reep what you sow.When I was single all remember was spending alot of time alone.Yes, I did meet my soulmate. We have been together 20 years. Yes,sex is good,with respect it is even better.Good Luck !
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home