then again, maybe not
Closed for business

May 30, 2006

"You broke my heart 'cause I couldn't dance..."

"...You didn't even want me around.
And now I'm back to let you know
I can really shake it down.
"

Well, in true me style, I've decided I have to blog again, and picked the worst week possible. Short week always equals busy at work, and my boss is out for the next two weeks, so I've got double the work. But, I missed you fuckers too much to stay away. Here's a quick update on what's been happening with me this month.

First, I did spend a good amount of time looking for a new job. And discovered that as overworked and underpaid as I am here, it only gets worse somewhere else. Argh! So, now I've got an even bigger decision to make. If I want to stay working with nonprofits (or at least anyone on the side of good), I either stay here, or take a pay cut. Or I can try to branch out to the (shudder to think) private sector. And honestly, who am I kidding? That's never going to work until I have a mortgage or a cocaine habit to support. And there's always the fallback option for disenchanted 20-somethings, graduate school. Perish the thought. So yeah. My decision is to think about it later. Hooray!

That's a long way around saying I'm back (whatever that means), and absence has made the cold dark pit of what I call my heart fonder of all of you. Except those of you who are total assholes. I still hate you.

Do you love me? Now that I can dance...




Comments:
Welcome back! I've wondered every so often how the job search was going.

so, ugh. i'm sorry that it only gets suckier. I guess, when I was bitching once about how a "labor union supporter" screwed me over (or tried) for a few lousy bucks on his blog design, you're expected to do what some friends said about working for the 'non-profits' sector: keep yourself warm at night with all those thoughts of all the good you're doing in the world. foo.

We've all got some genius. I think we should figure out a way to have our own busines or non-profit! HA!
 
Aw, thanks. It's good to be back.

Almost every month I decide I'm going to quit my job and start my own non-profit. But then I remember what a horribly painful experience that would be. And how I wouldn't be able to afford TiVo anymore.

It's all about priorities.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home